Callie as a halloween duck orginal image and Callie as a halloween duck blackout as the edited image.
The pictures are of my 2 year old daughter as a duck for Halloween.
First I had to rotate the picture and then I cropped it so she would be the
main focal point of the image. I decided to then blackout the entire background
to create a sharp contrast between the yellow of her costume and the black of
the background. I also thought that the color black would be a good idea to set
the “mood” of the image since this was taken on Halloween and the color black
does seem to help signify the spookiness of the occasion. I also think the blackout
of the background adds to the effect of the serious look on her face. Not sure
why, but the look on her face does seem to stand out to me more with the black
background.


No comments:
Post a Comment